Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Wind is Boss

Standing outside with the pups, under a quiet grey autumn sky, the leaves are dancing to the ground from the trees. It's beautiful, serene. I can feel myself turning within, listening to the shedding of the world.



As I wait for each leaf to drift down to the ground, I examine the dead leaves still hanging on to the branches. They aren't ready to let go just yet, sweet things. We all have things we aren't ready to let go of yet, don't we? I certainly do.

A gust of wind shimmers in, shaking the massive tree I am standing under, and a dozen or so leaves come tumbling down in a flurry.

The wind isn't bargaining with the leaves. The wind is boss. It says, "LET GO!" And there's no fighting. The leaves have no defense!

This is the time of year where nature is reminding us all how to let go or be dragged.

Sometimes letting go is on my time, when I'm ready, and sometimes outside forces come storming in and force me to make a change. So many times in my life I've had to choose to change or die. Health, relationships, friendships, jobs...they all ask me to let go, let go, let go.

What do you need to surrender to? What is the wind in your life today? Where do you need to let the wind be boss?





No comments: