Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rejections


Why does it hurt so much to be rejected?


Not just literarily, but literally.


I mean, receiving an email from an agent telling you that your book isn't quite what they need/want at this time isn't so terrible. But rejection from friends and loved ones. That's unbearable.


Recently, I was trying to help a friend. She was quite upset and so I put my two cents in and tried to soothe her with empathy. She outright insulted me and rejected me! OUCH!


Sometimes we are hurting and we hurt others. I get that. But why can't I see it for what it is and not take it so PERSONALLY!?


As far as Clementine, I have received four rejections from my queries so far. And it just feels like part of the process. I still believe in her very much.


Write on.

No comments: