Monday, March 2, 2015

Making Dreams Come True

Today I had a recording session with my friend Linda who KICKSTARTED me. With her rewards, she got a session writing a song with me and we made a demo in my little home studio. WHAT A BLAST. To see her eyes light up as I layered her vocal and played piano to her words. Truly, my deepest bliss.
Now, I'm no recording genius, but I'm getting better and better each time I work with someone. And it is really fulfilling. I use LOGIC and I have a decent mic set up, using a pretty simple interface. These are things I figured out on my own a year ago, after my last breakup. I can't tell you how exciting it is to learn a new skill that is really just a hobby.

And now, I'm going to watch an episode of SPARTACUS, eat lunch, and get ready to teach musical theater this evening. We have our showcases next week, and then I'm off for two weeks before I move to Chicago. So a lot going on right now!

I love making dreams come true. My own included.

Thank God for coffee. Helps keep me goin!


No comments: