Monday, April 14, 2008

Tears of Joy


So last night I received my first rejection. My cherry was popped.

This morning I received two

Count them two.

One.

Two.

Requests to see pages!

Can you EVEN believe it???

When the second one arrived, and from a pretty well-known agency, I started to cry. I didn't know what else to do. I was on the phone with my buddy Dawn and I was just overtaken by the urge to bawl. So I did. Because I emote. I emote so well. You should try it!

So I've been really polishing the heck out of the book, drinking coffee, listening to soundscapes on the tv. It's snowing here in Boone, so it's a very cozy day.

I feel blessed and excited and elated and nervous! (I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing because I didn't get a degree in creative writing or anything.)

This whole experience has been so natural and it feels like I'm really on a fabulous new path! Touring with my music has been totally incredible, but I am a Cancer down to the bone, and I'm ready to settle down for a bit. Writing will be the perfect career for me! Of course, I will still tour!

I don't want to be tooo optimistic, but I'm hopeful and manifesting ABUNDANCE!!!

As my good friend says, I'm going to shake my tail to the Abun-DANCE!

Thanks for your encouragment!

4 comments:

Zenmomma said...

Standing ovation, baby! Standing ovation! Way to go! Amazing! Exactly the way it should go. Really. Two requests for pages on your first mass emailing is pretty fucking impressive.

hahamommy said...

Just today I was reading my Kinsey Millhone story (super cool PI by Sue Grafton), I imagined myself with Clementine's book in my hand... I can't wait to curl up with my new girlfriend! ♥ P.S. Did you go with the "Dear Super Sexy Editor" line?? Even if it wasn't written out, I bet *that* is the vibe they responded to :::vbg:::
Exactly as it should be...

dharmamama said...

That is SO cool! Way to go!!

Yay! you.

Peggy Sez.. said...

Fantastic! My chance to read about Clementine may come sooner than I expected !!